Malcolm at 6 months

malcolmbelly5mo

Alternative post title: How I know I'm Done Having Babies.

1. He turned 6 months last week, and we meant to feed him solids.  Really, we did.  But every day, we were busy and we said "lets just do it tomorrow."  We still haven't.  I think it will happen tonight.  Maybe.

2.  He is teething.  He usually sleeps reasonably well, but two nights ago he slept for 45 minutes at a time.  The entire night.  I am not exaggerating.  When I woke up for the last time in the morning, I could barely move my neck from holding him so much (with a clenched jaw).  And I had a sore throat.  I'm not sure if its related.

3.  I have not bathed him in close to a week.  The Bad Night, two of the times he woke up, the main part of his ear was folded over and suction cupped to the front part.  I'm not sure if the adhesive was ear wax or dried spit-up.  Or maybe a combination of both?  Either way, I still haven't bathed him.  (Although, in truth, the issue seems to have resolved itself.  Or maybe the dog licked it clean.)

The sum of the evidence shows that our life is full.  Don't misconstrue the message here: He is an adorable, easy going baby, we are completely in love and he cracks us up all the time.  His needs are being met, and truthfully, I think our laid back attitude has contributed to his calm disposition.  But we know our limits, and we are approaching them.  We are about one dependant goldfish away from tipping over the edge, and so it is with great clarity that we can rejoice both at Malcolm's existence and at leaving this stage in our life.

p.s. We had our 6 month check-up today.  Totally healthy, huge, and perfect.  30" tall and 22 pounds.

Comments

Popular Posts