Sunday, 5 April 2015

Super Easter Stories

supergirl

Story #1:

Wednesday after school the kids made an Easter egg hunt for Shawn and I.  Nothing makes you love parenthood more the a series of picto clues leading you around your house that end with a note that says "HAPPY EStER" in the toy car bin.


Story #2:

We made it to church with two minutes to spare.  All went relatively well, considering how tired the kids were (the post Easter Bunny crash can be a real doozy).  Children's liturgy let out early so the children could renew their Baptismal Promises with the rest of the congregation, which looks a lot like kids just standing bewildered at the front of the church occasionally saying "I do" on a three second time delay.

We got back to our pew and I realized that in the rush, I had left the diaper bag in the sacristy.  This was right around the same time I realized Malcolm was getting fussy because his diaper was leaking through his clothes.  I should probably mention that the sacristy only has two entrances: one from the outside and the other about 10 feet to the right of the altar.  No big deal, I thought, I'll just brave the cold and break into the sacristy through the unlocked outer door.  I mean it is Easter after all, what better way to celebrate Christ's forgiveness than to ask for it after breaking into your church?  Well, turns out the door was locked, and I think vandalizing your church door might be asking for too much forgiveness.  Luckily, I ran into another mom at the back of the church - a good, kind, Catholic mom with a lot of kids - who told me she would take care of it.  And didn't she just march straight up past the altar as the whole congregation looked on, and get me some life saving diapers.

I wanted to tell her the if she died right then and there, she was surely going straight to heaven.  Then my filter kicked in (usually its broken) and I realized that suggesting someone's imminent death might not be the best expression of gratitude.  But I'm telling you: she'd need to commit a weeks worth of murders to loose her ticket.  I am so grateful for her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...