Sunday, 16 December 2012

Warning: This is a Hallmark card kind of post.

He Loves Us by SashaWarner
How he makes us feel.
For no one's benefit but my own, I must catalogue a sweet, sweet memory. After lunch, I was sitting at the table, waiting for Scarlett to finish eating. She does not follow the 5 minute eating routine of most toddlers. She is not even a twenty minute-er like most adults. She is more of a 45 minute kind of gal most days. She savours her food, and when she is done eating, she usually insists on sitting in her seat for at least another 5 minutes. Bizarre, I know.

Nevin walked over and climbed into my lap. His hand touched mine. "You're hands are so warm, and mine are always so cold." He looked me in the eyes and asked, "would you like your hands to be warm?" I nodded and he took my fingers in his hands. He sat quietly for about a minute and said, "how is that?" Quite nice, I replied. He let go of one of my hands, put his hand behind my head to pull me closer to him, and kissed me on the forehead.

I hope he treats all the women in his life as well as he has treated the first woman in his life. Shawn has taught him well.

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up on your blog Sasha, and this one made me tear up! What a sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Molly!
    Hey, p.s. I'm growing my hair back out... no longer twinsies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...