Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Children and Dandelions

Nevin Dandelion by SashaWarner
Nevin Dandelion, a photo by SashaWarner on Flickr.
Nevin and I stayed home together today.
Yesterday, he was very sick. Like fever and throw-up-on-Papa's-shoes-when-he-came-to-pick-the-kids-up-in-the-morning kind of sick. So I made plans to spend the day at home with him today.

Except today, after a lazy sleep in, he wasn't very sick. In fact, besides his pale complexion (which is probably more genetics than illness), he wasn't looking or acting sick at all. So, we went for a walk and got a hair cut. We came home and played outside.

On our way back inside, I saw a dandelion and picked it, so it wouldn't go to seed. I planned on tossing it in the garbage, but Nevin saw it and claimed it as his own.

He carried around his prize for the next while. After we got our coats and boots off, he turned to me and exclaimed, "Thank you, Mommy! This flower is just lovely! Thank you so much!"

He makes me laugh. No one appreciates the beauty in weeds more than preschoolers.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...