Sunday, 2 September 2012

Chocolate Cake in a Mug

Chocolate Cake in a mug by SashaWarner
Chocolate Cake in a mug, a photo by SashaWarner on Flickr.
Shawn is away this away this weekend on the Tour de Brew. I have found a replacement for him - it is called Chocolate Cake in a Mug. At first, I thought it was going to be a one night thing, but here we are, our third night in a row, longing for each other.

It is so easy. If you are wondering how I introduced myself to Chocolate Cake in a Mug, I'll tell you our story.

It all started last Tuesday. Shawn and I were watching Master Chef -- the reality show where home cooks compete to be crowned Master Chef, win some prize money, and score a cook book deal. It's down to the last four contestants, so at this point they are all amazing cooks. The challenge was for them to make three different soufflés in an hour. Apparently, this is a really difficult task. I've never even eaten a soufflé, let alone made one, so I'll take their word for it. The chefs were sweating and it was all intense, and I was totally drawn in with suspense, like a was watching the last quarter of the Super Bowl. And that is when my mind turned to snacks. Wanting to replicate the sense of urgency and the deliciousness that I was seeing on tv, I gave myself a challenge. Make a fudge dessert, start to finish, in one commercial break. I put my game face on. The commercials started, I went to work and Bam! In less then five minutes, I had my dessert.

We were made for each other.

Chocolate Cake in a Mug
(from Instructables)
  • 4 tablespoons flour
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
  • splash vanilla
Mix the dry ingredients together.  Add the wet ingredients and mix.  Microwave for 3 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...