Look, Ma, no Salmonella!

Scarlett's first cookie by SashaWarner
Scarlett's first cookie, a photo by SashaWarner on Flickr.
Recently, I've had a little spare time, so I've been going back through the family photo archives. The other night, I was completely mesmorized by the pics of Nevin at Scarlett's age. The two of them look so much alike, but act so different! It really came through in the GAZILLION pictures I have of him.

Which brings me to my next point, like every parent ever, up until about 12 hours ago I was totally neglecting Scarlett in the picture and life experiences department. Not so anymore folks. Today alone I've already taken like ten pictures of her. And I only took two of Nevin, and only because he asked and I didn't want to seem "unfair" or "playing favourites," even though I totally am. I've got some serious guilt to make up for.

Next steps? Baking, baby. Turns out at her age, I had Nevin up on the table, helping me measure and mix all sorts of goodies. There's pictures all over the place of him beside Mommy, being all adorable and stuff. He was baking before he was talking.

So today, we baked. Scarlett had a blast. Unlike Nevin, she preferred to point and tell ME what SHE thought should go in next. Really quite cute, since she can't talk yet. We'll see how I feel about her assertiveness in a couple years.

In any case, we made egg-free chocolate chip cookies. You know, because pictures just aren't as cute when they remind you of that time your toddler got food poisoning. (I know, you were wondering what that title was all about, eh?)

Here's the recipe:

Look Ma, No Salmonella! Cookies
(from here)
1 cup margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups unbleached flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Chocolate Chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Cream the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the wet ingredients and cream together.
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowls. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts