Big People Popsicles

Hives by SashaWarner
Hives, a photo by SashaWarner on Flickr.
There are lots of things I would love to have on a hot summer day: air conditioning, a kiddy pool, strawberry daiquiris, a popsicle, water guns.

Things I do not want on a day with a forecasted high of 43 degrees: hives. Just hives.

I'm sure I could think of other things, but I was too busy trying not to think about the itch to concentrate on anything else but the itch.

Yesterday, we weren't sure what it was, since the rash just kept spreading and spreading (as opposed to blinking all over the place), but this morning when I woke up with swollen eyes and lips, and intensely itchy swollen palms, I decided to take a little trip into the doctor. His diagnosis? "I have no idea, but the first thing I would do is take some Benadryl. Its probably an allergic reaction?"

As a first time user, I have two things to say about Benadryl. 1) I am in love. 2) When they tell you not to operate heavy machinery, they really mean it. The picture was taken about fifteen minutes after my first dose. Wow.

p.s. If you are wondering why I'm on the cushions on the floor, that is courtesy of Nevin. He's been keeping a very close eye on my rash. Today after the doctor, he scrunched up his nose and said, "Mom, you don't feel very well?" I said, "Not really." Then he asked , "can I make you a really special comfy fort to make you feel better?" I obliged, and this was his masterpiece, complete with his very favourite blanket that he dragged all the way from his bed. Sigh. So sweet.

On the plus side, here's a delicious looking recipe that I can't wait to try from the Diva of DIY blog next time its 43 degrees.



Iced Mocha Pops
2 cups strong coffee
1/2 cup half and half
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp. chocolate syrup

Mix the ingredients together. Pour into freezer pop molds and freeze. Voila!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts