Friday, 15 June 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

Sasha30th by SashaWarner
Sasha30th, a photo by SashaWarner on Flickr.

Welcome to your thirties, me!

I am not sure if I can thank pop culture icons, like Carrie and all the Sex and the City girls, or all my older friends who have made the thirties look like something I want to be a part of, but I'm feeling pretty good about this milestone.

Turns out, and this won't shock anyone who knows me, when I was in my teens, I made a little road map of my life, set goals and went to work on achieving my vision. Here's the thing: the long term vision was what my life would look like when I turned 30. I'm there. I'm totally blessed, and I am certain that I have a guardian angel, because everything has gone according to plan. I am almost exactly who I had envisioned I would be fifteen years ago. Crazy and lucky, right?

But... the vision ended at 30. I don't know if I was expecting a zombie apocalypse at 30 years + one day or if I just expected to go into cruise control, but I have no goals for tomorrow. The great news is that I don't think cruise control is going to work for me. I need to feel productive; cruising sounds tiresome in its monotony.

So I have a lot of thinking to do. And a lot of questions to answer. Am I too young for a bucket list? What goes on said bucket list? Do I pay off the house or travel the world? And, with the three people I've added to my life, how can I even create a vision for the next decade when their actions can so easily shift it? Oh, and on that subject, have we officially shut down the S&S fun factory? Oh dear.

This girl is open to any and all suggestions. Please. I insist.

1 comments:

  1. I personally think it would be a crying shame if the S&S fun factory was shut down for good, considering how well your other two projects came out.
    I, however, do reserve the right to not take my own advice....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...