Friday, 23 December 2011

Reese's Squares

Reese's Squares by SashaWarner
Reese's Squares, a photo by SashaWarner on Flickr.
This morning I was reminded (or invited to depending how you look at it) of the annual staff potluck at work. I love food, and its about time I started getting used to going into work, so we made the trip. The five kilometer round trip in the snow with a stroller with deceptively small wheels. I love food that much. It was so worth it... everyone was so happy and hyped about Christmas. It reminded me that I have a great job that I am lucky to go back to when it is time.

I whipped these squares up quick this morning before I left. I thought I'd share, just in case you've left everything until the last minute, including the Christmas dessert. They are no-bake, have minimal ingredients and really do taste just like Reese's Peanut Butter cups. If you don't make them for Christmas, bookmark this page... you'll want to try them at some point.

Reese's Pieces Squares
Base:
1 cup peanut butter**
1 1/3 cups icing sugar*
1 3/4 cups graham crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter
Combine and press into a 9x13 casserole dish.
 
Topping:
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cups peanut butter**
Melt the chips and pb together on high in the microwave, checking every 15 seconds or so. It should only take about a minute.  Cool slightly and pour on top of base.

Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours and cut into squares.

* If you don't have icing sugar on hand, I have substituted white sugar. It just gives the base a grittier texture.
** Use the cheap peanut butter, NOT the all-natural stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...