Putting together toys

The Christmas circuit has officially begun.  Yesterday, we Skyped with Santa in the morning, had a nap, then headed over the Nana and Papa Bear's for dinner.  Just as Santa promised, there were lots of toys waiting at Nana's for the kids.

We opened the presents before dinner.  We told Nevin he couldn't open his new Thomas & Friends megablocks train set until we got home.  He asked to go home.

So we knew we were in for a late bedtime when we went home.  That was okay.  I got Scarlett ready for bed and left the boys to put together the train set.  Now, I understand that the the manufacturers of the Thomas & Friends megablocks train set designed it with four-year-olds in mind, but that megablock set was tough.  Call me a megajock if you want, but I'm telling you, Baby Jesus himself couldn't put that thing together.  After an hour and a half, we decided we needed a new plan.

It was time to put Nevin to bed and get the creative juices flowing.


That's not water.  An hour later, it looked like a team of astrophysicists had come for a visit.


I love my husband.

Comments

Popular Posts