Spiced Peach Muffins

Today was a busy day full of visitors.  My cousins came to meet Scarlett (how does 7 months go by so fast?), I met my good friend's boyfriend (how does 5 months go by so fast?) and Nana came for dinner (how does... oh, wait, I think we've seen her everyday this week - and that's a good thing).

Lots of visitors, plus lots of peaches ripening on my counter, plus Nevin thinking he doesn't like muffins anymore (I'm pretty sure I left the sugar out of last week's muffins...) made for a perfect opportunity to make something yummy.

Spiced Peach Muffins
(From King Authur Flour)
2 1/2 cups All-Purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups milk
4 peaches, diced (not peeled)

Combine flour, salt, baking powder, brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, vegetable oil and milk, then gently stir in fruit. Grease 16 muffin cups, and heap batter into cups; they'll be very full. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until muffins test done.



Comments

Popular Posts