Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Neighbourhood Breakfast

I do not live in an amazing house.  It doesn't have character, it needs work that we can't afford, and, being a country girl, the size of my town lot leaves much to be desired.  However, we are completely surrounded by caring neighbours.  Most of them are stay-at-home moms.
via rosa e chocolat

Today we got together for breakfast to "celebrate" Back-to-School.  At least I was celebrating, not going back to school for the first time since I was 4 years old.  The rest of them decompressed from the stress of sending their kids back to school.

One of my favorite blogs gave out some advice today: appreciate and embrace your current season of life.  Having and infant and a toddler is a lesson in patience and sleep deprivation, but I am in control.  My main objective in a day is literally to survive.  All I have to do is meet my kids' basic needs: eat, drink, sleep, shelter.  I am in control.  This is the only time in my life I will be in control of their needs, and I am embracing and cherishing the season.  I do not have to worry about a 4-year-old's worries about inadequacies on the first real day in school.  I do not have to worry about a 6-year-old  being bullied by a 10-year-old on the schoolyard.  I don't have to worry about my awesomely quirky ninth grader getting noticed by some close-minded hick of a twelfth grader.

There are so many lessons to be learned at school, in and out of the classroom, and they need to be learned, but man, it's tough being a mother.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...