Thursday, 18 August 2011

Rainbow Supper

Hello, my name is Sasha and I have a picky eater problem.  There.  I said it.  You can blame my parenting, or you can blame my cooking, but the facts remain the same: my kids are unadventurous eaters.  Nevin refuses anything that doesn't involve peanut butter, bread, yogurt or fruit, and Scarlett, well, Scarlett refuses everything. 

Enter the Rainbow Supper Challenge. A couple of days ago, I saw a picture of a coloured rice craft, and it inspired me.  I thought that maybe if I made a really fun, colourful meal, I might entice Nevin to try a couple new foods.  It was kind of fun to take what I had in my fridge and come up with a rainbow:

 From left to right: roasted red peppers, roasted carrots, yellow food-colouring rice (I was going to use curry powder, but didn't want to risk it with Nevin), green beans, blue food-colouring rice, purple beets.  The bottom is roasted cauliflower clouds.

The blue rice was my fav.
In the end, Nevin wasn't sold with the gimmick.  The clouds, which I thought were genius, apparently still looked like cauliflower in his mind.  Whatever.  He did dive right into the blue rice and carrots (even asked for seconds!), so I'll take it as a tie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...