Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Date Almond Shake

Scarlett has developed a ferocious appetite, and so far is resistent to formula and solid foods.  Its only a matter of time before she discovers that food can come from other sources, but in the mean time the food factory is dire need of extra calories.  Since I stepped on the scales a week ago, I have been stuffing myself trying to put weight on... this morning, I discovered I'd lost another 2 pounds.  Enter my secret weapon: the mid-afternoon meal replacement shake, except in my case, its a meal addition shake.  Its delicious, nutritious and different than the usual berries+yogurt shakes, so I want to share it with you.  It would make a yummy breakfast on the go, or post-workout snack.


Date Almond Shake
(from Steven and Chris)
1 tbsp. x almond butter (peanut butter is yummy, too)
4 x dates(pitted)
1 tsp. x maple syrup
1 x banana, peeled
6 oz. x vanilla soymilk (substitutes: skim, 2%, rice or almond milk)
1 shake x cinnamon
1 scoop x ice

Directions: Place everything in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!

Picky toddler approved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...