Sunday, 17 July 2011

Sasha and Shawn’s Dream Staycation

We all need something to look forward to, and I can tell you, as much as I adore my children, I CAN NOT WAIT to have a summer off from being pregnant or nursing.  This is the fourth consecutive summer of having someone tethered to me in one way or another.  I love it, but I’m ready for a break.  Next summer is THE summer.  And after this weekend, I think I’ve figured out how to celebrate with Shawn.  Exactly one year from now, we will send the kids off to Grandma’s and Grandpa’s (or Nana and Papa Bear’s) and we will have Sasha and Shawn’s Dream Staycation.  Since I’m writing it down a full year in advance, it has to happen, right?
The bridge my Gramp built... I love this town!


Friday night
After work, we will meet at Stewart Park, grab some street meat and have a picnic at the Stewart Park Festival, grooving to some world-class music.  The last concert ends close to sundown, so then we’ll drive 10 minutes out of town, to the Port Elmsley Drive-In. 

Saturday
We’ll sleep in.  Can you imagine?  We’ll sleep in!
We’ll drive 10 minutes out of town to Murphy’s Point Provincial Park.  A short mountain bike ride will make Shawn’s weekend, then we’ll spend the rest of the morning on the beach, reading magazines.  Or talking.  Or people watching.  Or anything.  As long as no toddlers are interrupting us, it will be perfect.
Heading back to town for a late lunch, we’ll go to the Sunflower Bakeshop to get something super fresh and delicious.  Of course, we’ll eat it at the park again, listening to more great music.
We’ll go out for a calm, quiet, adult dinner.  I think we’ll either go to the patio at The Stone Cellar, or drive 25 minutes to Carleton Place and go to Ballygiblins.
We’ll end the night going out to one of the after hours venues with some friends to listen to musicians from the festival.

Sunday
We’ll go walk to Peter’s Restaurant for breakfast – I’m sure we’ll need some greasy food after the fun we’d had the night before.
After church, we’ll take a nap.  For as long as we want.  And then, refreshed, we’ll go find our kids.

Sigh.  A girl’s gotta have dreams.


3 comments:

  1. Sashdale, you kill me! I love reading your blog & can only hope that I'm half the wife/mother that you are! (When that day rolls around, oh about a decade from now or so. ;-D ) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be apart of the Saturday Night Festivities... think of me in less than a year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sasha, this is this weekend! Are the plans still on?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...