Would you like a muffin, Muffin?

The boys in my life love muffins.  I usually make 2 dozen a week, but they only ever last a few days.
Today I made Strawberry Orange muffins.  I got the original recipe from a Jamie Oliver website, but I made so many substitutions, that I think I can call it my own.

Scrumptious, eh?  The recipe is after the jump.

Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cup white flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup margarine
1 egg
Zest and juice from the leftover orange from your 2-year-old’s lunch (about ¼ orange)
1 cup strawberries finely sliced

Method
Preheat oven to 400 F.  Mix in one bowl all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, soda and salt.  In another bowl mix the rest of the ingredients except strawberries. Leave the wet ingredients for 20 minutes, while you put your daughter down for a nap.* Add wet ingredients to flour and mix well, now add strawberries.  Cook for about 15 minutes.

* Kind of joking, but actually the acid in the orange juice probably curdled the milk a little and made it more like buttermilk while I was putting Scarlett down.




The original recipe is here.


.

Comments

Popular Posts